Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our Spring Break... Nightmare

Haillie discovering Bryce Canyon!
She thought "it was awesome! I loved our Inn and the Old Bryce Town, too."
Funny story: we were stopped at a gas station to eat lunch and Haillie wanted to show me 'rattle snake eggs'. Trent wound up the contraption and gave it back to her trying to explain how to hold it. Haillie, not interested in listening at that point, grabbed the envelope and started walking over to me. Needless to say, she had moved the envelope and started the 'eggs' a-rattling... she screamed, jumped and threw the eggs across the store, sending Trent and myself into uncontrolled laughter, making Haillie even more upset. By the end of the stop, Trent couldn't resist buying the 'eggs'. Now it's a standing joke to find the 'eggs' in odd places around the house.
Ok, so it wasn't THAT bad... but bad enough that we honestly took a 1 day vacation! We started out on Friday morning, heading for Bryce Canyon. One of my goals for this summer is to show Haillie the beautiful state we live in. I love hiking, discovering and just being outside, and it's something Haillie likes also. I imagined our vacation to be all fun, no stress... well, isn't that WHY you go on vacation.... all fun, no stress? Ok, seriously, what was I thinking... We have a 9 month old wonderful, but demanding ball-of-energy!!!! Can you imagine something this cute could be a MONSTER in disguise?
So after a night of pretty much getting kicked out of the restaurant (thanks to Taryn), a 3 hour SCREAMING fit, and NO sleep for anyone, we packed up Saturday morning and headed home... everyone in a BAD mood.
When we were home, I was putting Taryn down for her nap with the USUAL routine, she giggled when I read her a story and she slept peacefully in her own bed. Lesson learned!

No comments: