Friday, May 16, 2008

Playing Hookey!

Haillie's school teacher has been away for a week now, and had a sub take her class. Not that I'm all that impressed with her regular teacher this year (I know that sounds a little rude, but, don't ya hate it when you hear such good things about a teacher only to be disappointed for a whole year,) but I'd had enough of Haillie's "review work" and "silent reading time," so I got her out early and we took off to the Children's Museum at the Gateway. Trent met us there and we had a ball as a family!
(A little note to myself to laugh at what a freak I am about germs... someday! Can you just imagine all the little critters running around a place like this... it's enough to make me lose my mind - and my lunch! It was really a big step for me to let them touch this disease-ridden stuff... and they only sanitized 10 or 12 times during our stay.)

Taryn and Daddy playing in the water!






Haillie collecting eggs and feeding the chickens.






















Haillie learning how a crane works.


















Look at my little climbers! I'm such a proud mommy!


















Taking a little ride on the horse!














Our little family.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

You always do the funnest things with the kids Jen. Such a good mom...

Kit said...

Seriously Can I have you as a mom. I bet the girls loved that place, and congrats on only sanitizing 10-12 times...I think that is a record for you.

Kit said...

Jen I love that idea of field trip days! We are moving this next weekend. Probably mainly on Saturday, so if you guys are around then we would definitely take the help. Thank you.

N8Stowers said...

Looks like a fun trip! I've been anxious to take my girls there. That was such a cute Mothers Day tribute too...you guys are awesome!