Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!!!

We went to Circleville, UT to celebrate the fourth. It's kind of a family tradition so all the kids were there along with tons of cousins, and old friends. It's a town of about 700 just north of Panguitch, it's seriously a bend in the road on Highway 89 - but this place holds my heart! I love this valley, because of the kind people, the beauty, and 'worldlessness' it seems to have (I know that's not a word but I can't think of another). I will continually be trying to talk Trent into moving there!
Taryn is getting really excited about the parade... yes, that really IS the parade in the background. We are in a town where the BIG parade of the year consists of kids on bikes and four wheelers, one or two floats that are trailers with hay bails, and there is so much candy thrown that the on lookers leave half of it on the ground (I want you to know I did my part to keep the earth clean by picking up ALL the candy around me and downing it)!
Roscoe (Shawn and Kristin's son who is one month older than Taryn), Trent, and Taryn are enjoying the parade.

Sharing a sucker with Daddy during the parade... mom just has to pretend not to see ALL this sugar going into her mouth and and look the other way! I am actually a little surprised to see her sharing, but to tell the truth, as CRAZY-WILD as this little kid is, she sure is sweet, lovable and kind.
Taryn is so smart... she even falls right (bum first)! She was having a hard time sitting through the program (big surprise), so walked and walked and walked in the back of the gym. The program was WONDERFUL (well, what I saw of it). It started out with some veterans singing some patriotic songs, a wonderful slide show, and my personal favorite - my cousin, Ryan, a singing a solo. I love small towns for this reason - they are so patriotic and truly love our country and are raised with that love and devotion to serve and protect our country. There are many service men and women from from Circleville, Utah that have served honorably and I am so grateful for their sacrifices for my benefit.
Enjoying a moment without Taryn (it turned out to be only a moment) to enjoy the fireworks!

4 comments:

Brittney Wimmer said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday! What a fun tradition Jen! I agree, there really is something great about small towns. I think it's therapy to spend some time out in the country. It's a good reminder of what's really important and how little we really need to be happy.

Kit said...

I love Circleville!! That was such a blast being there with everyone. I hope we do it every year!

P.S. I love that Taryn loves to mow the lawn with her Daddy. So cute!

John Roylance said...

woooohoooo Circleville.

Nana Jan said...

What a great way to celebrate the holiday. I must say that dad (Trent) looks incredibly handsome. So happy that you appreciate the simple beauties of life and love small places where life is real. Glad you had a moment together. Sounds much smaller than Preston.
What a great tradition!