Saturday, November 1, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Halloween...

And yes, we're just barely getting to our pumpkins. How does time move so fast? I swear it took an eternity for Halloween to come each year when I was a kid.
Pumpkin carving is always a blast, but this year was especially fun because we would get to see how Taryn responds to pumpkin guts. As Haillie got busy scraping and pulling in a very clean and organized way, Taryn picked up where she left off and quickly destroyed the kitchen and all of us, covering everything with pumpkin guts.
We found out a few things tonight:
Haillie is a MASTER carver, and Taryn loves to eat pumpkin guts -what doesn't she love to eat?


Here are our pumpkins all lit up for FRIGHT NIGHT and on our front porch. Dad's is on the top step, then mine, and last but not least is Haillie's.



HALLOWEEN MORNING:
Haillie got to dress up for school and have a parade in the morning, so we thought we'd all join in the fun. Taryn was a cow, I was a bunny, and Hai was a 'POSH POODLE'. They both looked darling, and it was worth all the work to make Haillie's costume - she looked sooooo cute! I couldn't get over it. I had one of those moments as Haillie walked by in the school parade, and I couldn't get over what a pretty girl she was... I just stared at her thinking, 'she's beautiful'.


Trent took this pic as Taryn was sitting on the coffe table Halloween morning. Can you believe she can get her legs to do that?

6 comments:

N8Stowers said...

Love the costumes! Halloween is so much more fun with kids!! There costumes look great!

John Roylance said...

Oh come on Jenny, like you don't like pumpkin guts. Who doesn't???

Brittney Wimmer said...

CUTE! You're girls look great in their costumes! I hate that we didn't get to see them this year but it looks like you had a fun holiday!

Kit said...

Those pics are so cute and that is so hilarious that Taryn likes pumpkin guts....Gross!

N8Stowers said...

Hey guys! I feel like I haven't seen you or talked to you forever! These pics are making me miss you like crazy. We need to get together soon! I LOVE the girls costumes...did you really make Haillie's? I'm so impressed! Glad you guys had a good trip to Disneyland...it really does look so fun. Hope to see you soon!!!

Britney said...

Cute costumes and amazing pumpkins! You and Trent are so talented ... making costumes, carving perfect pumpkins, and I hear you are making homemade bread now? Awesome! Miss you guys.