Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Garden Update!

IT's GROWING!!!!! Our garden and the other things around our house are actually growing! I still don't see anything I can use in a salad yet, but I think I might! We have a miniature lime tree on our front porch that has its moments of being beautiful... I think it's kind of temperamental.
I am trying to grow: limes, strawberries, spaghetti squash, zucchini, cucumbers, carrots, beets, watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, swiss chard, bell peppers, and sweet peppers... yeah!
Lettuce and cucumbers: I cannot wait for the cucumbers to start coming, but I have to admit that I have pulled a few leaves off of the lettuce just to see if they are really edible!
The boxes are holding strong... I never had any doubt as I watched Trent's meticulous work!
We have yummy strawberries, if we can get to them before the birds!

2 comments:

Nana Jan said...

I can't believe it! It has only been a week or so since I was there. It is all growing like crazy! That is so amazing. Your limes have doubled in size and the lettuce will be ready soon. I love the pics and the music. Taryn is growing about that fast as well. Thanks for sharing. I loved the description.
Great job...you are gardeners!

Brittney Wimmer said...

The plants look good! Way to go! I love cucumbers too!