Sunday, June 1, 2008

Haillie's Going Away Party!

We decide to have a going away/welcome summer party with some of Haillie's friends on the last day of school. She honestly asked me starting at 12:30 p.m. every 15 minutes if it was 6:30 yet. It couldn't get here fast enough for any of the girls. Well, it did come - the party began... and kept going, and going, and going... and the girls kept running, and screaming, and running and screaming ( I thought the cops would be called on us a couple times - you know... small town drama)! They are all really cute girls and I loved getting to know some of Haillie's friends a bit more.

We only had:
1 bee sting
2 crying girls (the drama)
3 boys trying to climb the fence to get in
and 13 screaming second grade girls!

I also watched Haillie and thought a few things:
- she is a natural leader
- she is very caring toward her friends, she really feels badly when they are hurt
- when she sets her mind to something, it will happen!
- she is enthusiastic, she can have fun doing anything, what a great gift to have to be able to find fun and excitement in ANYTHING!
- she is grateful

I also was reminded that she is one of the 4 LOVES of my entire life, and greatest gifts I have on this earth and I love her more than words could ever say!





Searching the rocks for their next clue on the scavenger hunt.















The girls with their HOBO STICKS!












The girls around the campfire, telling ghost stories and eating s'mores. (Some of the stories were seriously scary... at least to me.)


At this point I thought (again)... what a great DADDY Trent is to his girls! It was fun to sit back and watch him interact with these 13 girls- watch him put marshmellow after marshmellow on their sticks, talk and joke with them, and make them all smile.




Madison, Janie, and Haillie finishing the last of the marshmellows.












The girls in the tent... watching a movie
















The AFTER PARTY (at 11:30p.m.)
Dad was the hit of the party, with a good mix of FUN and FUNNY.






Seriously, if I ever invite 14 2nd grade girls to my house again... just shoot me! No, it wasn't that bad, aside from the fact that I now believe ALL eight-year-old girls have ear piercing screams. I have to give a big THANK YOU to Jan (Trent's mom) who came down and willingly took care of Taryn and helped out so much with the party.

It was a fun way to see her friends and say goodbye to her. We will miss her desperately!

1 comment:

N8Stowers said...

You guys are so awesome to do that. It sounds like something Haillie will always remember. I'm sorry we missed it, but mom passed off the hobo sticks & the girls absolutely love them. Thanks for including us.